The children will love this ‘naughty but nice’ Mānuka honey and Whittaker’s chocolate ice cream. The benefits of the Mānuka outweigh the little touch of chocolate decadence…
Prep 30 mins : Serves 8
- 1 Block Whittaker’s 33% Creamy Milk 250g Block, chopped, plus extra, shaved, to garnish
- 1 Tin (395g) Highlander Classic Condensed Milk
- ¼ Cup Manuka Honey
- 800ml Single Cream
- Place chocolate, condensed milk and honey in the top of a double boiler. Stir over a low heat until melted and smooth.
- Transfer to a freezer-proof bowl and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Pour cream into the bowl of an electric mixer. Whip until just starting to thicken slightly. Beat chocolate mixture briefly with a whisk to loosen. Pour into cream. Beat on medium until just combined. (Be careful not to overbeat as it will curdle.) Pour into ice-cream containers.
- Place in freezer overnight or until solid. Every few hours or so use a fork or whisk to churn a little to stop mixture separating. To serve, sprinkle with extra chocolate.
Recipe sourced from Whittakers, New Zealand